Author: Pure Matrimony
Keep your intentions sincere, for surely Allah knows what is in the heart and will reward you only with that which you intended?
On the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah salla Allah u alihi wa sallam say :
“Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated.” related by Bukhari and Muslim
So here are 5 pointers to help you clarify your intentions:
- Before doing any good deed, ask yourself WHY are you doing it? Be honest with yourself!
- If you are doing the good deed to make yourself feel better, or to benefit yourself, then STOP! Seek Allah’s forgiveness and mercy and ask Allah to make it easy for you to correct your intention
- Correct the intention in your heart so that you are doing a good deed solely for Allah’s pleasure, and keep it in your heart!
- Intentions are NOT uttered on the tongue EXCEPT in the case of reciting the talbiyah when performing Hajj/Umrah – EVERYTHING else is intended in the heart ONLY because your tongue may say one thing, but your heart another
- Final tip – do NOT speak about your good deed to anyone and let it be a secret between you and Allah, for verily Allah loves that you do good deeds for His pleasure and not the pleasure of people
May Allah SWT grant us the goodness to intend every good deed for His sake and His sake alone ameen.
….Where Practice Makes Perfect
Want to use this article on your website, blog or newsletter? You are welcome to reprint this information as long as you include the following information:Source: www.PureMatrimony.com – The World’s Largest Matrimonial Site For Practicing Muslims
Love this article? Learn more by signing up for our updates here:http://purematrimony.com/blog
Or register with us to find half of your deen Insha’Allah by going to:www.PureMatrimony.com