Author: Pure Matrimony
Laziness is a trait that has the potential to ruin you, because you waste your time doing nothing when you could be worshipping Allah, helping other people or doing something productive.
The Prophet SAW used to seek refuge in Allah SWT from laziness that he used to mention it daily in this dua: “O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.” [Sahih Bukhari]
Here are 5 tips to prevent laziness and become more productive!
- Get a good night’s sleep! If you don’t sleep well, you’ll feel tired during the day, and when that happens, you get lazy because you don’t have the energy to do anything
- Eat lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and lean meats with salad. Stop eating junk, carbs and heavily processed foods which are riddled with chemicals. All these can make you lethargic and cloud your thinking. Caffeine is also a no-no because it can sap you of energy in the long-run. The Prophet SAW would often eat a raw diet and was very healthy – and we should do the same to maintain optimum energy levels
- Give yourself smaller tasks to do throughout the day rather than big tasks, and break big tasks into smaller tasks so that you don’t feel overwhelmed. Overwhelm can lead to putting things off and not wanting to do anything!
- Use something like Workflowy.com to make lists of your essential ‘to do’ things so you can keep track of what you are doing and mark them off as you do them – this helps you focus on what needs to be done rather than getting side-tracked with irrelevant stuff that can make you feel unproductive
- Take regular breaks between your work and do lots of dhikr so you’re less tempted to watch TV or anything else which wastes time. Dhikr is loved by Allah and doesn’t require a lot of effort!
May Allah give us all the tawfique to be the best we can be in both our imaan and in our daily lives – Ameen!
….Where Practice Makes Perfect
Want to use this article on your website, blog or newsletter? You are welcome to reprint this information as long as you include the following information:Source: www.PureMatrimony.com – The World’s Largest Matrimonial Site For Practicing Muslims
Love this article? Learn more by signing up for our updates here:http://purematrimony.com/blog
Or register with us to find half of your deen Insha’Allah by going to:www.PureMatrimony.com