- The Last Ten Days of Ramadan: The Barakah (Blessings) are There for the Taking
- [Podcast] Part 2: How To Prepare Yourself Emotionally, Mentally and Spiritually For Marriage
- Tip Of The Week – The Dangers Of Eating Too Much
- Do not Mock, Backbite or Lie about others
- Building bridges of trust with your loved one
Author: Pure Matrimony
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet SAW, who said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa’i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad).
Your salah is the first thing that Allah SWT will ask you about on the day of Judgement. Those whose prayers are all in order are guaranteed success, while those whose prayers are not in order, need to fear Allah.
Allah SWT will give you a chance to make up for any deficiencies in your prayer through your sunnah and nawafil prayers, so always try and do these in addition to your fard salah. May Allah SWT help us all to fulfil our duties to him ameen.