- Win His Heart: A Psychological and Islamic Approach for Women
- The Rights and Responsibilities of the Husband
- 5 Unique Times Your Dua is Accepted…That You Probably Didn’t Know About!
- Part 1 DMM | How to be in love with your Spouse | Dream Muslim Marriage | Happy Marriage
- Is Marriage Desirable in Islam?
Many of you know the most famous sunnans of Eid which Imâm Sa’îd b. Al-Musayyib – Allâh have mercy on him – said:
The Sunnah of Al-Fitr consists of three things: Walking to the prayer place (musallâ), eating before leaving [for the prayer] and taking a full bath.
(Shaykh Al-Albânî graded its chain of transmission sahîh in Irwâ` Al-Ghalîl 3:104)
However there are also many other sunnans of the Prophet SAW for this blessed day too – these are:
1. Reciting the takbeer during the night of Eid from sunset on the last day of Ramadaan until the imam comes to lead the prayer. The format of the takbeer is as follows:
Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, wa Lillaahi’l-hamd
(Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great, there is no god except Allaah, Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great, and all praise be to Allaah).
Or you can say Allaahu akbar three times, so you say:
Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, wa Lillaahi’l-hamd
(Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great, there is no god except Allaah, Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great , Allaah is Most Great, and all praise be to Allaah).
2. The Prophet SAW did not set out on the day of Eid until he had eaten an odd number of dates
3. Wearing your best clothes – however sisters should be advised to avoid wearing perfume or makeup
4. Going to the mosque for the Eid khutba and the Eid prayer is considered to be wajib (obligatory) on men and women – in fact the Prophet SAW commanded the women to at least attend even if they couldn’t pray (Bukhari)
5. Paying Zakaat al-Fitr BEFORE the Eid prayer is necessary for every person in the household.
The hadith of Ibn ‘Abbaas stated: “Whoever pays it before the prayer, it is Zakaat al-Fitr, and whoever pays it after the prayer, it is ordinary charity.” (Bukhari)
It is haraam to delay Zakaat al-Fitr until after the Eid prayer.
6. Meeting and greeting your family and friends
7. It is prescribed for the one who goes out to the Eid prayer to go by one route and return by another, because the Prophet SAW used to do this (this is specific for the Eid prayer and is evidenced in Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 16/216-223.)